Saturday, August 18, 2012

August Sketch Off

This week I am sharing a sketch off project with you.  Here is the sketch that I worked from:


I have never taken a card sketch and turned it into a two-page layout, but that is exactly what we did here, and I really enjoyed it.  The clusters on the card sketch inspired me to create embellishment clusters featuring fussy cut clocks from Graphic 45's Kraft line, which I accented with Petaloo vine sprays.  I used three different patterned papers for the background and accented some of the kraft paper with some ink to add color.  Finally, I used striped ribbon from May Arts as the strips that you see in the sketch, adhering the ribbon to the paper using staples and pleating.



Check out both sketches and vote in the sketch off at the Hens' Den blog.

1 comment:

  1. that's cool how you used a card sketch into a 2 pager! Nice work. The pics are beautiful and those stems are so neat!

    ReplyDelete