Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hens' Den My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart Be Happy Layout

My Mind's Eye's new Follow Your Heart Be Happy line is one of my all time favorites! I used this soft, pretty collection to create this layout that features a picture of us taken on my 30th birthday.




This is how I created my layout:

1. I used My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart Be Happy Be You Paper as my background.

2. I cut out 13 hexagons from My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart Be Happy Honey Pink Paper and ink the edges, spacing the hexagons out on the paper to create a honeycomb effect.

3. I mat my 4x6 photograph with My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart Be Happy Follow Paper.

4. I created handmade flowers by cutting strips of My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart Be Happy Follow, Songbird, Joyful, and Be You Paper. The length and width of the strip determines the size of the flower -- I used strips of .5" to 1.5" wide and 10" to 12" long. I pleated the entire strip, taking care to create tiny even pleats. I adhered the ends of the strips together to create an accordion flower, finishing the flowers off by cutting out circles of My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart Be Happy Follow and Be You Paper to create flower centers.

5. I arranged my accordion flowers beneath my photograph and added Petaloo Darjeeling Hydrangea Cream & Green Flowers between them.


Here is a closeup:


4 comments:

  1. Love this LO! I have been loving the honeycomb trend, and you did an awesome job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout. So many different textures. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you! Wow... I remember when... =)

    ReplyDelete