This month the Hens' Den gave me Basic Grey's Picadilly Collection to work with. I love the oranges and blues in this line, and thought that they would look great with these kayaking pictures from this summer.
Here are the steps that I used to create this layout:
1. Cut two Basic Grey Picadilly double-sided patterned papers (Eat at Joes and Farm Fresh Eggs) in half and adhere them together to form your background.
2. Cut strips of coordinating Basic Grey Picadilly double-sided patterned papers (Breadbox and Breakfast Nook) and hand-stitch around each strip.
3. Layer the strips of paper on the background to create a pattern behind your pictures.
4. Distress the edge of your photographs and crop two pictures.
5. Mat your smaller pictures using the other side of Basic Grey Picadilly's Farm Fresh Eggs double-sided patterned papers and hand stitch around the edges.
6. Layer the pictures on the layout.
7. Fussy cut flowers from Basic Grey Picadilly Home Sweet Home double-sided patterned paper.
8. Adhere the fussy cut flowers to the layout using pop dots.
9. Add Basic Grey Picadilly Metal Flowers to the embellishment clusters.
10. Finish layout with a title and journaling.