Friday, March 5, 2010

Basic Grey Periphery

I was so excited to bust into the new (to me) Basic Grey Periphery collection pack. I love the colors and how everything goes together just so.

I did this first layout while scrapping with a friend (which is appropriate because the lo is about friendship). I haven't scrapped with anyone else in a while so that was fun. She let me use her eyelet tool and eyelets so here is my first attempt to incorporate them in my layouts! Another first is this flower -- I used the box flower technique and it turned out well (it really looks much better in person).

I love the greens in this next layout -- I wanted something that would pop next to Rachel's graduation gown (yes, my little Booh is all grown up). I tried a simple flower technique here -- I just cut out a circle and drew triangles on the back, cut it out, and curved the petals using my hand. Easy peasy.



These last two layouts are of my clerkship -- a wonderful two years of my life. I was excited to find ribbon in my stash that coordinated so well with these papers.





13 comments:

  1. Fantasric take on our challenge. I love the colour combo you have chosen and I hear ya on the journaling *wink*

    Thanks for playing at Scrap Your Crap

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make such beautiful pages ...love them all ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Periphery too and you've used it in a bunch of different ways! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the challenge! I love your little flowers, they are so cute!

    Leslie - SYC

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous papers!! Love the different fonts you have used in the titles too! Thanks for playing at Scrap Your Crap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! you are on a roll with the long titles...that is what i like to see...use up all those 12365236521 stickers, thickers and stamps to make them...gorgeous way to use the BG papers...thanks for playing at SYC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layouts, I have these patterned papers, too! Love them!
    Thank you for playing with us.
    - Illy -
    Scrap your crap

    ReplyDelete
  8. great layouts!and very lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comment in my blog great layouts here :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great! I love how they all turned out. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love to see all of these two-pagers. I'm awful at them and it's great to see a little inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job, I love to see wonderful work just like this. I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete