Monday, August 3, 2009

Blueberry Picking

Blueberries are one of my favorite fruits, which makes it odd to think that I never tried blueberry picking before. All that changed when I visited my sister Nicole (and her Chloe, and my dad, and my Booh, and my mom) and we went a-pickin.



Jesse was very methodical and picked the most blueberries -- by far. My bucket had about a fourth as much as his, but then again I went by the one-in-the-bucket-one-in-the-mouth method (don't worry, I placed money in their "sin" jar for that infraction!)


My dad did not pick that many blueberries, but all of his were top-shelf -- the plumpest and ripest ones on the vine.


Nicole is an old pro -- having picked rasberries and such numerous times before.



This cutie picked an impressive amount of blueberries, and only included a couple green ones. Very quick on the uptake that one!



All in all we made out well -- over 10 pounds of those suckas!



We had so many we made a pie. Soooo delicious.




2 comments:

  1. Yay that was fun! Great pictures too~I want to just copy and paste this onto my blog...and maybe I will... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that's funny, I actually went raspberry picking for the first time a couple of weeks ago! (Val's idea... and yes, she also made a pie, haha). Glad you had fun! :D

    ReplyDelete