Saturday, April 18, 2009

Check your thumbs

If they're green, we need your help.  Our house came with beautiful landscaping, thankfully looked after by an automatic watering system.  As Dad pointed out, this makes it virtually maintenance free (I know, I've become a through and through city boy; I couldn't tell if Dad was appalled or jealous when he noted that).  Nonetheless, our plants do take some work, and I am clueless as to how they should be looked after.  Some are in bad shape (see the poor tree (#17)  below) and need careful attention to grow correctly, and others look good and need to be kept that way.  Take a look at the numbered pictures, and if you know what plant it is, or even better how to care for it, let us know in the comments.

1
234567891011121314151617
PS:  10 and 14 are roses (not the same kind), 4 looks like some sort of bamboo, and you can click on the pictures for a close-up view.

2 comments:

  1. Everything looked pretty good to me, although I'm sure you're wondering what you should trim and what you should just let be. To that all I can say it "good luck!" I have a black thumb myself. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesse

    If you take all those photos to a real nursery/garden center (not just Home Depot or Lowes), they'll tell you what they are and how to care for them.

    ReplyDelete