Sunday, February 15, 2009

Updated Car Poll - Please Help

As you may know, we are in the market for a new car. You may also know that all our decisions in life are made after a long period of great agonizing over our various choices. That is where you come in. We would like your input on our four top contenders, so please vote for your favorite in the above poll. We aren't promising to choose the car you recommend, but we will certainly consider your input. Without further adieu, here are the choices (in no particular order) WITH AN IMPORTANT UPDATE TO THE 2010 MAZDA PRICING:

Option 1: 2009 Mazda Mazda6










Cost: Around $19,500
Pros: Roomy interior, new design, most American
Cons: Large exterior (Krystle CANNOT park large cars)


Option 2: 2009 Mazda Mazda3










Cost: Around $19,300
Pros: Fun to drive, small and easy to park
Cons: Old design


Option 3: 2010 Mazda Mazda3











Cost: Around $18,300
Pros: Brand new design, gotta-have-it factor; CHEAP!
Cons: Not available until March/April


Option 4: 2009 Volkswagen Jetta











Cost: Around $18,500
Pros: Less expensive, most luxurious, safest
Cons: Not at all American, least reliable

6 comments:

  1. I had a VW once upon a ancient history. It was a Fox, made in Mexico I think, and absolutely bottom rung of the VW ladder at the time it was made, let alone the six or so years later when I actually drove it.

    It performed about as you'd expect an cheap, small, used budget car would, and when something did break it was always a part that had to be specially imported at cost and delay. In the end, the battery died, I tried to replace it myself, got it mounted backwards, and lost it to an electrical fire on an overpass.

    BUT, it also had the single most comfortable driver's seat I have ever ever ever experienced. Actually, it might have been the most comfortable place to sit of any kind I've ever found. It's been 15 years and I still miss that seat.

    Better to go with the 2010 Mazda3 and not subject yourself to such Blakeian ravishes of innocence and experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the people have spoken. I guess we haaave to buy a 2010 mazda3 now! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys! It's warren. anyway, here's my take:

    09 Jetta -
    It's not the most reliable, and it's kind of expensive for what you really get. Not a great deal.

    09 Mazda 3
    Generally it's not good to get the last model year of a particular generation unless you're leasing or are planning on keeping the car until it dies (the resale value goes way down) Also the new Mazda3 is $1000 less???

    2010 Mazda3
    If you want the Mazda3 I would wait until the hatchback version comes out. I just bought a lexus is250 and it's a good sporty size, but I'm hurting for cargo space now (especially with a new baby). Also one thing to think about is the front end looks like a smiling whale and if the Arizona state laws require a front license plate it'll look like it has buck teeth.

    09 Mazda6
    I would go with this one. It's a good blend of style and price. Also, since it's been out for a few months they've had a chance to sort out some of the design issues (unlike the 2010 Mazda3). Also the Hares just got one!

    Kay bye! Hope everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed the deadline...of course. but I vote for the Mazda3 2010. I want one too. Looks fun to drive and easily parkable. Luckily the price is OK. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff & Mommy:
    I say the Mazda3, worth the wait. Jeff says buy a Yugo!! =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new car. It looks neat. Come and give me a ride. I am available any time. Hope to see your this summer.

    Love, Poppop

    ReplyDelete